Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Twin Girls... Whoda Thunk!

 Baby A (above)
 Baby B
 Baby A ... what a little model!
 Check out that hand.. Baby A
 Baby B's leg...
In the upper left corner of the shot (kind of the center of the actual pic) there are Baby A's feet  and a part of Baby B... not sure which part tho.  


So we just had our visit with our maternal fetal medicine Dr's today at IMC in Murray.  We did get to find out the sex... As most of you know by now we are having girls.  I am beginning to think that Logan is really going to have to humble himself before he gets a boy!  :)  He has been being such a smarty pants today and boy o boy did it come back to bite him in the butt.  When will he ever learn?!?  Oh and just for the record 3 different Dr's did confirm that both are girls... HA!!  My regular OB tried to peek yesterday while I was at his appt, but he didn't have a clear enough shot.  We suspected baby A to be a girl, but baby B was still the unknown.  Thank goodness they were able to solve the mystery today!! 

Ok so here is the low down... we are having 2 girls, they are not identical, they both weighed in at 8 oz today and they both are very very active and doing great.  I am not considered such a high risk pregnancy any more since both babies are in their own sacs and they both have their own placenta.  Obviously they will still watch me and I will go see the fetal/maternal docs every 4 weeks to have them measure growth and such.  It was crazy to see how they try and keep track of the different babies!  I was so lost!  We were there for about 2 hours while they checked every little thing... Baby B did keep pushing and kicking its legs into Baby A's area so it was getting a little confusing.... But we figured it out! 

At one point during the ultrasound, even after all 3 confirmed females for both, Logan saw the umbilical cord attached to baby B and said "I think I see a growth!" (sarcastically)  Of course the Dr. smashed his hopes and said "That would be a 5 ft. penis... Dont flatter yourself!"  We All had a good laugh over that.  
 
As far as names go... We have NO clue.  We need to pick a few and then I will do a post about that... and we will see what every one thinks!  It's going to be a battle tho... We can't ever agree on names!  Sooo... wish me luck here!  
i will try to have Logan take a pic of me soon!! 


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you. Sorry that Logan is in denial but he will snap out of it when he see's all the pretty bows and dresses all your cuties will be in.

Danielle said...

I can't believe they're both girls-that's crazy!!! I'm sure Logan will have fun with it, I think Preston would cry. I love the pictures and we're so excited for you guys! I hope everything goes ok!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Soooooooooo happy for you! Take care of yourself missie!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Oh, and btw, we love the "5 ft. penis" line. Mike & I were laughing our guts out!

Jenna said...

I am so excited for you guys! I hope you'll have another baby shower, I think anyone who is going to have twins should have a baby shower. And also, I think that daddy's of lots of little girls are so special. Logan is going to be so great. I keep thinking about you making an assembly line of the cutest little bows! You guys are so great. I hope to be able to see you soon. Love you.