Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Larkyn... spring... and the belly

 I thought for sure today was the day that I would be able to capture my little girl on camera... Think again!  
I don't know why kids this age have to be so darn difficult when it comes to taking their pictures... I mean... Can't they get it together for a few minutes so we as parents can capture their cute lil' faces??  HA!  She was every where!  I thought if I got her favorite seat out {the stool above} I might be lucky.  
NOPE.  
I had about 20 pictures that looked almost exactly like this - mouth open, eyes closed, weird faces... lol.  Oh well.  She sure is cute... even if she won't pose like a model! 

 Me like everyone else is over winter!  I refuse to wear winter sweaters with colors like gray, black, dark green... anything dark and wintery looking.  I have been making good use of our colorful shoes... even if they don't match our outfits! For some reason bright colors just seem to make the days a little better!   
{don't mind our dirty shoes}



And here is the belly!  I have had so many family members and friends from out of state asking to see pics... if you didn't see them on facebook here they are.  
22 weeks prego!

Everyone has been so nice and encouraging... I REALLY do appreciate it!  It is so hard for me to feel like a beautiful woman.  I know I really shouldn't complain because I feel very fortunate to have received these 2 girls all on our own... plus Larkyn.  I have family and close friends who are struggling with getting pregnant and my heart breaks for them.
It is just hard... Pregnancy is not fun for my body so in turn I get really self conscious.  BUT I am very grateful that so far both babies are very healthy... I guess I would rather me go thru some difficulties to have them healthy and thriving. 

5 comments:

Danielle said...

You look A.MAZ.ING.
I love the shoes and I LOVE the picture of Larkyn! You totally get her personality out of that 1 picture.

Lindsi Jo said...

You were very sweet with your comment on fb, but I have to tell you, James told me I looked like I was ready to give birth & my mom told me I was looking really wide this pregnancy. I normally don't take comments like that personally, but when you notice (& feel) those things anyway, it kinda makes you self concious! I love how you just look to the gratitude.

Also, I love the shoe picture! I always look to see what happy shoes you are wearing on Sundays : )

Traci said...

You are a super cute pregnant mom! Who feels like looking cute when you are pregnant and already have someone to take care of all day? But you look like one of those cute pregnant people that you see and get jealous of...I know I didn't feel like one of those mom's when I was expecting! And I love your shoe picture! Love fun shoes, don't have any, but would love them!

love birds and a few chicklets said...

Thanks Ladies! You are all too kind! SO... ALL of my fun shoes haven't cost me over $10. I got the orange ones at Ross a few weeks back and they were $8.99!!! What a steal! The pink ones I got like 4 years ago at Forever Young Shoes... they always have a great spring line. Larkyn's are of course from Old Navy I just can't get enough of that store! :)
I am going to try to get some better pictures of her this weekend since we are going to be home bound with all the snow! I will surely post any that I get!
Lindsi: I have had so many rude things said to me as well.. well not extremely rude, but I try not to dwell on them ya know. It's not so much the comments that wear me down, its the swelling that I see, the weight that still comes even tho I eat super healthy... eh. Its only temporary!!
Love you all!!

love birds and a few chicklets said...

TRACI - if you read this you need to invite me to your blog! haylielynphoto@hotmail.com