Wednesday, February 9, 2011

spring dreamin'

I dunno what it is...
spring fever or just pregnant and going crazy...
I have this urge... 
to clean every single thing in my home
to wash the ceilings - wth?
to organize then re-organize everything in the home
to redecorate - with what budget?
to sew ... an apron, curtains, pillow covers...
to take photos - but I broke my lens... so I have a couple more weeks of suffering {sigh}
to get the babies room and Larkyn's room all ready to go...
to do crafts with Larkyn - is she too young for glue sticks and glitter? 
to go for a walk outside... but of course its still cold and YES we are all still sick.
to make home made bread {my mother -in-law makes the best home made bread ever and I don't have the special touch... grrrr}
to totally pig out on strawberries and fresh melons 
to go swimming even with my enormous belly

My list of spring dreamin' could go on forever... literally!  My hub is in warm Arizona {about 70} and I am stuck here just dreamin' of that day. 


opinions please...
So I found this fabric online {see pic below} I really want to make curtains for my windows in my front room and kitchen... but I suck at decorating and I can't ever get myself to actually do something because I fear that it will be another disaster {like the dreaded green wall} 

So I want to make curtains... not the traditional curtains.  Excuse my pregnant & sick brain right now ... I can't think of what they are called but I want to make a single long panel for each window and have it hang high on one side... then do a swoopty do thing over the curtain rod... to end hanging to the floor on the opposite side.  This material is just cotton {i wonder if they do samples} but do you think its too busy to do for curtains?  This is where my serious lack in judgment comes in.  I would probably make a couple small pillows to tie it into the rest of the house...


what do ya think?  

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Your Spring Dreamin' list has me dreaming now! So many fun things to do. And I love that fabric! So fun. I probably wouldn't use it for curtains. I can't ever get cotton to hang right when it comes to curtains, and when the light comes through the window it would shine right through them unless you use some of that heavy duty lining. I would absolutely use it for throw pillows! and find some home decor fabric for the curtains... but thats totally my personal preference.

love birds and a few chicklets said...

Ok Jessica... Tell me where is a good place to buy some heavier fabric that might have similar prints? The other day I wandered thru the selection at JoAnn's and I was overwhelmed and didn't see much of anything that I liked. Maybe me and you should go out one Saturday and try to find something!!! I trust your judgement!!

Lindsi Jo said...

Definitely agree with Jessica about the cotton.... they NEVER make good drapes.... Love the fun pattern though. I don't think the pattern would be bad for drapes at all. I have also been feeling the exact same way about the spring fever and my house. I have to move all of my girls around with bedrooms so I have to get Brooklyn's new room designed along with turning my office into a play area for the 3 hooligans. Not to mention getting our yard in (which I am really excited about :) Spring needs to come!

Jessica said...

I'd love a Saturday fabric date! I usually look at Calico corners (although I can't really swallow the price tag) then head over to Home Fabrics because they have a bit of everything! Let me know when is good for you and we can go... I'll even let my insurance by you lunch!

Scott and Karin said...

apparently cotton doesn't hang well, but I think the pattern would be fine for curtains! And don't get me going on spring!

love birds and a few chicklets said...

Jessica - lets plan it! Maybe if I show you the colors I want in my house you can help direct me! :) What are you doing this Saturday or next?

Amy said...

sounds as if you are seriously nesting! i always do this when i'm pregnant! drives me crazy! love the pattern and i think it would make really cute curtains!

Lindsay and Mike said...

I love it! Go for it!!!