Wednesday, March 3, 2010

let it rain...

have i ever told you how much i love the rain??

anytime it rains in utah i rant and rave about how much i love rain.  i don't know what it is... to me its sooo soothing.  i love sunshine and anyone who knows me probably thinks i am a sun goddess...  but dont you ever just want to do this...


i love playing in the rain...  if there is one thing {besides my family} that i miss about florida is the awesome rain storms...  if you are in it for more than a minute then you are soaked to the bone!  its great to play in it and just go wild... not worrying about my hair and makeup and playing like a little kid is wild for me! =) 

some of my funnest memories were when i was playing in the rain... ultimate frisbee with the singles ward in florida and while we were on vacation 2 years ago in puerto rico tropical storm olga hit and i thought i was in heaven. 



yes this picture was from that amazing night in puerto rico. 

another thing that i love about the rain is the umbrellas!  there are so many cute umbrellas out there...  seriously if there is ever a great rainstorm here in utah... and if anyone is up for taking pictures in it i am game... family pictures, kids, couples... you name it and we will do it!


i know all of us in utah have major spring fever... but i just can't help but love days like today.  i think everyone should have an appreciation of great rain and atleast experience it once or twice in their lifetime.

... and i wish we would get awesome rain... like florida! 

6 comments:

The Blairs said...

I miss the good thunderstorms from Florida too. These Utah people have no idea what a real "storm" is. Playing in the rain (and wind) is the best!

Jenna said...

I was going to say that it has something to do with Florida... :)

On this very night I am headed to Target to buy a CD with the sound of rain on it. We listened to it all night while we were in San Diego, and I miss it so much!

Whenever you are ready and the rain is right, I'll be there for those pictures. I'm 100 percent serious too. So I will call you up on a good rainy day.

PS I like that picture of the umbrella you have. My favorite one was a clear bubble umbrella with blue lining. I lost it in Florida though...

Jenna said...

Oh and I am buying the CD to listen to while I'm in labor- it will help relax me and feel at home. I am getting excited.

Lindsi Jo said...

I just have to tell you that I think you are so cute! I do also love a good rainstorm, but I have serious spring fever for my daughter's sake. She needs to get out of the house!

Thorpe Family said...

I LOVE the rain as well! We moved to Washington for a year and everybody asked us if we hated it because it rained, NO! We loved it! So, if and when we start our family I be sure to call you for our pis in the rain!!! Since we live so close, it will be easy!

Jordan said...

Hey there! I'm glad you found me! I've checked out your blog a couple times before. Your fam is adorable and you're so creative with your blog. I wish i knew how to make mine look so good. Keep in touch.