Friday, October 16, 2009

HELP!!

So I have 2 things that I need desperate help with...

1: I have a 4.5 month old little girl that I am trying to teach to sit up and nothing seems to be working. Her pediatrician said to give her a lot of tummy time... well what if she doesnt really like being on her stomach that long?? Any tips??

2: Our spare bathroom TOILET has an awful ring! This is absolutely disgusting and I just want everyone to know that I really do clean my bathrooms (ha ha!) Eagle Mountain has SUPER hard water and if anyone has any tricks to getting rid of these nAsTy rings I would appreciate the help.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

No advice on the sitting up problem -- but for the fabulous toilet ring use a pumice stone. I got one at Smiths earlier this week for about $1. With a little work the ring comes right off and doesn't scratch it or anything.

Jenna said...

I was going to say the same thing, the pumice stone. It works wonders. It takes everything off. I usually use scrubby stuff- toilet bowl cleaner and then scrub. It works great.

And with sitting up.. tummy time is right, because it strengthens the back muscles. Usually six months is the normal time for babies to sit up though, that's about when both of my girls did. But I used to nanny for a little boy who wasn't sitting up still at nine months. So I started propping him up in the boppy and playing with him that way. He was sitting up in a couple of weeks. I remember doing that with Auren, and it works really well. They get the idea of what to do, and if they can start communicating with you while they are sitting up, and learn that they can see their world in a new way, they love it!

So yeah.
We hope you guys are doing well!

Grampaw and Grammaw said...

you're rushing it a bit, little ones usually don't sit by themselves until they are closer to 6mths old. Give it a few more weeks Ü

Thorpe Family said...

I second, or I guess third (?) the pumice stone comment! it will be your new best friend!