Thursday, October 29, 2009

Blessings

Today started out as any normal day for me...  About an hour ago I decided it was time to sit down and pay bills... This is something that I know we all love doing :)

I logged into access my student loan and it said that my balance was 0.  Me being me thought oh there must be something wrong with their online system.  I read a little more and it said  that I should be receiving a letter in the mail regarding my loan.  Oh yes... I did remember seeing something from UHEAA but I never opened it... like most of my mail. 

After I rummaged through the pile I found the letter...  And it said that my loan had been forgiven because of my excellent payment history. 

So me being me again  decided to call their customer service just to make sure that someone hadn't hacked into their system and sent out foney (?) letters.  So I am talking to this gal and she's like... well I need to put you on hold so I can talk to my manager..

This can't be good right?...

After being on hold for a few minutes I was connected through to this manager.  I expressed my concerns and asked him if the letter was accurate and he said YES!  They received some donations and for some lucky reason they drew my name out of a hat (pretty much) and decided to apply part of that donation to my student loan to pay it in full. 

When this manager said those words... tears of appreciation started to roll down my cheeks.  And I said thank you probably a million times!  And I am pretty sure he shed some tears too.  I seriously feel like I won the lottery!  I was one of the few that was impacted by these donations. 

Life is crazy random sometimes... 
You never know what you are going to get...

To me this is considered a huge blessing!   My loan wasn't a large amount or anything, but even the smallest acts of kindness will have a huge impact on someone's life and a burden could be lifted. 

1 comment:

Thorpe Family said...

Wow! That is a great story! Glad you shared! Gotta love those great moments!