Monday, January 4, 2010

shoot for the stars...

For 2010 I have decided to push my photography skills and learn more about my camera, photoshop, lighting... the whole works.  I have been studying a lot the past couple weeks.  When I say studying I mean... going back to the super basics!!  Its been so long since I actually worked to capture an image so I decided that a refresher course would be the perfect cup of tea {getting to know your camera 101} ... I am super excited for this year! 

Here's a couple shots I got of Larkyn... My lens isn't the best so my shutter speed was way slow and my aperature was too high...  Hopefully I'll be able to buy a nice lens soon!  Both pics were taken with natural light in my living room.  I played up the blues in the first one... and it looks like I had a backdrop =)  AND I shot these in RAW and looky looky I finally figured out my photoshop & bridge {it really helps when you acutally download the updates}   

I am super excited for my upcoming shoots and if you know anyone who is interested let me know.  I will soon have a small studio and I will always always shoot outdoors!  I love natural light!!  I am going to look for backdrops tomorrow with my friend Amy... wish us luck!! 

p.s. these pics were of Larkyn's first scratch...  LOL!!  I had to take a pic!




No comments: