Wednesday, January 6, 2010

chicken alfredo pasta



This is actually a recipe I got from my sister in law {Jen} and then I have added all my little quirks to it...  Enjoy!

all you need:
10-12 oz of pasta {approx}
2 chicken breasts
1-2 mushroom caps {I buy the pack of already cut mushrooms at the store}
1 1/3 cup whipping cream
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup butter {i use a lot less... that is what the recipe called for}
1/4 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp garlic salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp salt {again this is what the recipe calls for... I add minced garlic, probably 1/2 tsp more black pepper & oregano, and then my secret weapon... creole seasoning.  WE LOVE FLAVOR IN OUR HOUSE!! =) }
2/3 cup shredded parmeasan

ok now:
-boil pasta
-I boil the chicken, but however you want to cook it... have at it then I shred the chicken and add some pepper too it. 
-sautee mushrooms in a little butter or olive oil {ok... more Haylie here...  I add minced garlic to the mushrooms here and some black pepper}
-mix the cream, milk, and butter in skillet... add oregano, garlic, pepper, salt and my secret weapon creole seasoning
-Bring to boil and then simmer until sauce has thickened.  Stir in your cheese, mushroom, chicken and pasta!

Voila!  Now you have a dinner in approx 20-25 min and it should serve 4 adults.  Logan eats alot so in our house its more like 3 adults!


p.s. people... I dont claim to be a master chef or anything of that nature.. this is good food to us so don't hate me if its not your fav.  also... the lighting in my house really bites... so again the photo isnt very nice.  - thats all!!  =)


No comments: