Monday, April 11, 2011

update: our family

So I am on my 29th week of pregnancy.  I guess it's a good time to give an update on how we are all doing.  

Last week I had 2 Dr appointments... one with my regular Dr and the other with MFM at IMC.  Everything went great for both appointments.  I passed my glucose test... and that was a big hurdle for me!  I made sure not to have too many sweets the coming days before that appointment... that was so hard!!  :)  For me the test isn't bad... I just didn't want to have to take a 3 hour test!  Tuesday we learned that baby A weighed approximately 2 lbs 7 oz and baby B weighed approximately 2 lbs 4 oz.   So not a huge difference between them.  Monday at my appointment they were both laying transverse... which scared me big time.  Tuesday Baby A was head down and baby B was breach.  Dr England (my reg. ob) he told me that they will move a lot... for some reason I guess I didn't think that twins would be able to since space is limited... but these girls are out to prove me wrong.  This past week I did a lot of reading on C-sections mostly to prepare myself just in case.  Honestly, it terrifies me to think of having one of those!   We all have our fears... for me being sliced open is a fear!  I have family, friends, and neighbors that have these procedures without thinking twice about them...  and then there is me.  Sometimes I way over think and over analyze things... this can be a good thing or a bad thing.  BUT I am trying to stay positive!  Maybe it would help if I meditated on a daily basis "no c-sections... " hmmm.   Honestly, I am willing to do whatever as long as these girls get here healthy and happy.  But I am still scared... OK??  


Larkyn... where do I start on her?  She is my baby girl.  I love her more than words could describe, but gosh dang it... why must she test her mother!?!?  It's been especially bad lately.  She can either make my day by running up and giving me a kiss and telling me I am pretty... or she can ruin a perfect day by doing the smallest thing like not listening and being destructive.  Maybe I am oversensitive these days :).   She is such a smart little girl though.  She will be 2 May 31... Where did the time go?  She sings her ABC's all by her self now, she knows all of the letters individually, she even tries to write them... its soo cute when her A's are upside down and her N's only have the first half.  She knows her colors... but only when she wants to.  HA!  She can count to 20, but 13-19 all kind of sound the same... she definitely has the "teen" part down.  She is definitely girly but at the same time loves to play in the dirt and collect bugs.  Last Wednesday she got her first official hair cut.  I was so worried she was going to be a pill, and she did fabulous!  Thanks to Kariann and the ring pop!  Isn't is amazing what a little sugar can do for a kid!!  :)  She was so excited to put on the purple princess cape {as we called it because she loves princesses} and she loved that Kariann told her that she was pretty.  Now every day when we do her hair she tells me that she is so pretty!  Kariann cut a few layers into her hair and gave her some swoop bangs!   She definitely loves all this girly stuff!!  I can't wait until she is old enough to go get pedicures with me!  :)

And my wonderful husband... I don't blog enough about him!  I seriously don't know how I would get through everyday if it wasn't for him!  He is so excited to welcome 2 more baby girls into our home.  He is great at reminding me of all the positives!  I always ask him if he is ever scared of how much things around the house and in our lives are going to change... and he always says No.  I am so glad that one of us is atleast being strong... because if he was here there and every where like me... what a disaster!  He is very busy these days between work, calling, finishing the kitchen {i need to post some pics... so far the cabinets are beautiful!}, getting ready to finish the loft, playing with Larkyn, helping around the house... the list could go on and on!  He is seriously my knight in shining armor! 

Life is a roller coaster full of ups and downs... for me lately these ups and downs seem to come on within a blink of an eye.  For those of you who are in my ward you witnessed this yesterday!  All of the sudden in Relief Society I just lost it... and once my tears start... there is no stopping them!  AND I am a VERY UGLY CRYER!  I honestly don't know what triggered these tears yesterday.  I get so overwhelmed thinking about everything {the horrifying c-section, nursing 2 babies, playing with Larkyn, all our home projects, work, diapers, $... and this is just to name a few of the things I think about daily}  I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends in my neighborhood who have helped, offered to help, or have lifted me back up in some small way.  I got so many messages on my email or facebook concerned about my well being yesterday.  It is great to be loved!  Thanks Ladies... You know who you are!  Other than my emotional instability... I feel great for the most part.  I have a few minor aches and pains in my back, hips, and feet... but it's nothing too concerning.  I think also as the Big Day is getting closer and closer... I am getting more and more nervous.  I am actually terrified!  I won't go on and on about all of my fears... I just hope and pray that I will be able to be the best darn mother to all 3 of my girls!  I am so worried I am going to fail.  Don't worry...  I am very aware that I am not going to be a perfect mom.  I know everyday will bring a new challenge. 

That's our life at the moment.  Happy.Love.Stress.Work.Life

4 comments:

Ann said...

You are amazing! I wish I could have given you a hug yesterday. We'll just go bowling instead. :) If it makes you feel better I've analized having a c-section to death too. Among a million other things too. :) Just prepared to your best ability and keep the happy positive thoughts flowing!

Lindsi Jo said...

Oh how I can relate with you on EVERYTHING! (except the nursing 2 babies & c section). I completely understand every little tid bit of it. I now have a new thing to worry about with our recent situation..... Know you aren't alone, we all have our breaking moments. Call me if you ever need to talk to someone who understands what you are going through or if you need any help with anything!

If it makes you feel any better, James turned out the Star Trek movie yesterday & I completely broke down crying because the guy died right when his baby was born. James started laughing at me!

And by the way, you are not an ugly crier!

Lindsi

Lindsay and Mike said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I can relate to the ups and downs. It's amazing what pregnancy hormones will do to you! Just pray, pray, pray & Heavenly Father will help you! Hugs girlie!!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

BTW, thanks for your sweet thank you note! You are a doll!!!!