Thursday, March 17, 2011

kitchen makeover

Some of you may remember like back in November when I announced to the world that we were getting ready to take on some DIY projects in our kitchen ... like staining the cabinets...

WELL this has been a process and we have barely made a dent. 
I have been frazzled because I have soo many other projects that need to get done and my poor husband has had is time spread very thin the last 2 months and as a result is usually exhausted by the time the weekend rolls around. 

This week I have been staring at the cabinets just wishing that maybe a whole army of men would come finish them for us... {sigh} yeah right!  WHO in their right mind wants to sand and stain  what feels like a zillion cabinets!!  

So I started to think ... "Maybe we should just pay to have all new cabinets put in... "
As a result I ended up on HGTV's website lusting over my dream kitchen
There are sooo many things I would LOVE to have in my kitchen, but with our current floor plan... it would never work in this house.  

I think I got slightly depressed for a moment... 

THEN I found these...

You can find these pictures on www.hgtv.com & www.theletteredcottage.net



These pictures are both of the same kitchen from www.theletteredcottage.net and it was featured on HGTV's website.  The first makeover was when they went to black cabinets and they recently painted them again to white.  

YES I said painted!!  This couple didn't even have to sand ALL of their cabinets!  They lightly sanded the faces of the doors and drawers.  OK... I freaked out when I learned from her sight that Home Depot actually sells a primer specifically for painting cabinets!  

I AM SOLD!  Sanding has been the biggest pain in my neck and I'm not even the one doing IT!  

Notice the cute-sy wood pieces under the top cabinets... OH you better bet I am FINDING those.... and DID You notice the extension at the TOP??  I am DOING that AS WELL!!  {sorry I am overly excited here}  

You have to check out the whole makeover project at www.theletteredcottage.net and go to kitchen  YOU WILL DIE when you see what this couple started with!  

It amazes me what paint and a few details can really do to a room! 

3 comments:

The Painted Parlor said...

I'm excited to see the 'after!'. I love kitchen makeovers!! HGTV is one of my favs. Good luck. You need to look at my blog, I did a little dresser for mandi fowles that turned out cute- if I do say so myself ;)

Lindsi Jo said...

Totally love the cabinets! I love painted but I have a husband who doesn't so I don't really have anything.... If you haven't gotten to staining & Logan approves, totally go the painted route. The corbel detail under the cabinets I love along with the beadboard. Can't wait to see what you decide on, let me know if you need any help on ideas.

Lindsay and Mike said...

So cute!!!