Monday, February 1, 2010

from my heart

{i am sorry in advance if this post is weird or if it doesn't make any sense.}

i have such a hard time writing things... i tell logan stuff from my heart all the time... and i say it better than i can write it {so just bare with me}. maybe i should start recording our conversations and then type it up. ha! could you imagine!
yesterday at church was great!  we had our young women's presidency speak in sacrament and everything they spoke on was a wonderful reminder...  they talked about the strength of youth pamplet and one of the sisters said that just because we are adults that doesn't mean that those principles there don't apply to us.  i had never thought about it like that... i mean i know to obey the commandments, try to be a better person, be more patient... but the one thing that stuck out to me was about being an example and not being afraid to stand up for what we believe {as lds members http://www.lds.org/ }. 

one of the sisters talked about something she had wrote in her journal as a teenager.  she had the opportunity to leave a movie {that was of poor choice} and didn't take it.  logan and i talked about this a lot last night.  i honestly hope that i can be the brave soul who walks out of a movie because of language, inappropriate behavior, or anything else that would make anyone uncomfortable.  i hope that all of you who are reading this post will too feel the same way.  i also want my kids to grow up and not be afraid of being the young girl or boy that wasn't afraid to say "hey, this isn't cool".  i want to be better about a lot of things... not just walking out of movies.  =)

we have a lot of challenges that we face everyday...

i know this is random...

i honestly hate swearing... i don't know why but when people {friends & family} use poor language, it makes my skin crawl.  i get so uncomfortable.  i know i am not perfect and i know i have used some poor choices in my words, but i want to be better than that... and you, yes you, you should too! 

i wish that our families could be closer.  not just physically, but emotionally too.  don't get me wrong we both love our families, but sometimes i feel like all of our views on life are different.  i know it should be like that because life would be way too boring if we were all the same.  i just wish we were closer... better friends... better examples... just better  =)  sometimes i wish i could talk to my family about spiritual things... but i don't feel like i have a connection with anyone {besides logan =)} it would be nice to go to the temple with family & friends and then out for ice cream or something.  is it just me?  does anyone else feel like this?  sometimes i feel like the important things in life get set aside for petty things.  i, myself and guilty of this, but i am trying to overcome this flaw.

i want to try to be a better wife, mom, daughter, sister, and friend this year.  this is one of my goals...  i get so caught up blog stalking people, facebooking, doing who knows what with my time and then the next thing i know its the end of the year and i'm back to square 1.  i need an organizer for all my family and friends and somehow figure out a way to fit everyone in to my crazy life and i need to better manage my time. 

well that turned out a lot different then i expected.  again, so sorry for my lack of writing skills. 

 
 

4 comments:

Kariann said...

I really loved your post!! I needed it, thank you for sharing your feelings! You are an amazing person and i can't wait for the weather to get warm again so we can go on more walks!! :)

Unknown said...

Haylie - thanks for your post. You are a great example to me, and I will try and be a better example to you.

Anonymous said...

Haylie....I miss you. Is that sad since we didn't even get to spend time together as in-laws??! There is so much about you that reminds me of me. I don't think your post was tacky or anything, I actually feel that same way most of the time. I really really wish that we were closer so that we could spend time together and get to know each other better. You are a beautiful, smart, and talented woman and I really feel like I am missing out on having a sister-in-law! (Don't get me wrong, I love Mallory and Carlie, but I think you know what I am talking about judging by your comments...) Anyhow, thanks for the thoughts...I'll be thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

haylie, you are an amazing and beautiful person. i think that if you share from your heart what you really want in your family, they will see that it truly means alot to you! It may not change alot of things, but its a start. I love that you have the ability to open up and share you feelings, you are a role model for some of us that have a tendency to fall off the wagon. always stay true to yourself. love you! Elisha