Monday, November 16, 2009

Happiness Is A Grateful Heart

Lately I have been thinking a lot about everything I have been given.  I don't think its Thanksgiving do you?  : )

I have wanted to post this for some time now and just the past couple days I have felt the urge to spread this token to pure happiness in this life. 

About 6.5 years ago my visiting teachers came by and with them they brought goodies {of course} and attached to those goodies was a little tag that said Happiness is a Grateful Heart.  Little did they know that this would have such a huge impact on my life and that it would hang on my fridge for years and years.   I have noticed that the times when I have struggled are when I am not being grateful for everything I have been given; the times when I am being completely selfish and unwilling to soften my stubborn attitude.  Does that sound familiar?  Yes, I honestly think all of us were given that little hint of stubborness just to make this life a little more difficult and interesting. 

Life gets crazy all to fast and the world will break us down if we allow it.  It is soo important to atleast acknowledge the blessings in our lives.  Some of you might not believe in praying, or are too afraid to get down on your knees and pray, but maybe if we were all to carry gratitude with us in our hearts the world could truely be a better place. 

When I express my gratitude and recognize the blessings in my life, this positive impact tends to rub off onto others around me.  I feel more loved therefore I can spread more love. 

Every single one of us struggle because of something {debt, money, sex, depression, children, religion, and lots of others} I don't know a single person who has the perfect life.  I hope that when all of these struggles seem overwhelming that your heart will be softened and that you will be able to recognize ALL of your blessings to enjoy happiness.  I hope that your struggles will not bring down those you love or those who are around you. 

I have been blessed with so many things that I am grateful for, so I will keep my list short..  I have a wonderful husband who forgives all of my short comings, a healthy baby girl who looks at me with loving eyes, a messy house, food on the table, clothes in piles waiting to be folded,  and great friends and family. 

What are you grateful for?

1 comment:

Kariann said...

Thanks for your post I seriously needed it!! You're amazing you know that?? :)