Friday, January 7, 2011

for {her}

Ok So I know I am thief for STEALING this picture off of Amy's blog.  But I really really needed a picture... Amy You can Smack me later! 
So have you ever had a friend that you can call your besty??  Well Amy is mine.  She is an amazing woman who has MANY talents!  I have admired her from the first time I saw her and her trendy ways!  We have a fun friendship, many things in common, and its kind of fun to share your birthday with your besty right?!?  Oh and Albert Einstein!  Most people judge Amy right off the bat and that is something that we have in common as well.  Well Amy is probably one of the most easy going, easy to get along with gals and I love that!  I knew I could always just drop in on her and it didn't matter.  She is an amazing mom and she loves my little girl like one of her own.  She is a great wife too!   
Well Amy recently moved from our cute lil' neighborhood.  {tear}  I have been in denial since she called me and said those horrifying words "we had an offer"  Well even then I still thought to myself... "she wont actually move..."  Oh little did I know that she actually would!  {again me being naive}  
 
Well they moved about 2 weeks ago and I have been doing surprisingly well and I thought "HMM that is strange"  
Then the other night I had to drive to the church to run errands and it hit me as I drove past her house... saw all the lights on...  and wow!  I had been avoiding that road apparently... driving to church the other longer way.   I will admit... I sat at the 4-way stop and just stared at the house... I have never EVER been so angry at people moving into our lil' neighborhood!!!  I seriously wanted to sabotage their house!  I almost started to cry.. .I felt so violated!!  {ok maybe the pregnancy has something to do with this... I dunno}  Well finally after creeping some people out I finally drove thru the intersection.  :)

I know that Amy needed to move for a reason, but sometimes it is so hard when you move away from close friends or when they move.  I know they are about to embark on their new adventure in life and it's going to be so great for their little family.  She is definitely one of the best people I know, one of the most loyal friends, and I know I can call her and tell her all my sorrows and she will still be there the next day with open loving arms.  I have learned so much from this amazing woman... she has inspired me to be better!  
 
I hope that all of us will really take the time to be better friends and express our gratitude to the ones we have. 

Love you Amy! 
 
 

1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

That was such a sweet post! Amy is such a sweet, fun, cute, genuine girl! I think we are all better because we got to know her!