Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rhogam 101

So on Monday I went to the lab at Utah Valley to get my rhogam shot... DUn DUn Dunnnn

Keep in mind that I was just there the Friday before to get my blood drawn for the diabetes test and the nurse must have hit a muscle or something because my arm has never hurt to bad in my life!! lol. So I was a little hesitant to go back...

I check in at the lab and they send me to the 4th floor...

The nurse takes me back asks me a few questions about my history and the baby and then she says "I am gonna need you to lean over the bed"

WHAT?!?! Who says things like that??

I looked at her with shock and said "Where on earth are you planning on sticking that needle!?!?" I honestly thought she was going to give me the shot in my BUTT!!! OUCH... that would hurt.

She kind of gave me a funny look... which didn't help at all... But then she laughed and said she was gonna give me the shot in my hip.

Sigh oh relief... AHHH

I got a shot for the very first time in my hip... what an experience.

I would recommend that all shots be given there because it didnt hurt at all and the muscle didnt get nearly as sore as getting shots in the arm.. :)

No comments: